Re: [xsl] Man Page Transform and Modes

Subject: Re: [xsl] Man Page Transform and Modes
From: "Jon Gorman" <jonathan.gorman@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 5 Apr 2006 19:24:44 -0500
> But having tags called 'section' or attributes named 'description' suggests
> the XML source is largely specific to man page generation which is not the
case.

Sorry, guess I didn't look close enough.  I was heading out the door
and figured some answer would be better than any.  I guess my eye
glanced down and I thought the <section> <some_element name pattern
was carreid on further.  It was more meant to be an example the
thought process, not a specific instruction.

So did using the mutliple modes not work (the other of my two suggestions?)?

ie
<xsl:template match="daElement" mode="foo bar"

to match modes foo and bar?  Now that I think about it, it's probably
only in XSLT 2.0 to do this.  I also think there's a mode like #all
that matches all.  Not sure if it would match the default mode.  I bet
if you checked the XSLT 2.0 spec in modes you'll probably find the
answer.

Also, you could always do a named template within.  Doesn't reduce
clutter completely but helps.
ie

<xsl:template match="foo" mode="hi">
<xsl:call-template name="foo"...