Re: [xsl] XML View in IE 6

Subject: Re: [xsl] XML View in IE 6
From: "G. Ken Holman" <gkholman@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 19 Apr 2006 06:55:46 -0400
At 2006-04-19 09:26 +0530, Neelima Adusumilli wrote:
ok heres the scenario....make an xml file say books.xml and also an
xsl file say styles.xsl...now copy these two files onto your desktop.
When you try to open the xml file in IE6, it works fine. It also works
when you give in the address bar as

c:\...Desktop\books.xml#12

Make a folder by name Work on your desktop. Now copy the two files
into this folder. And when you try to open the xml file in IE6, it
shows up properly with out any errors. But when I try giving the
following in the address bar

c:\...Desktop\Work\books.xml#12

I am getting the following error:

"Windows cannot find 'c:\...\Desktop\Work\books.xml#12'. Check the
spelling and try again, or try searching for the item by clicking the
Start button and then clicking Search."

NOTE: Please try with the tags...#12, etc. Otherwise it works fine.

I was able to replicate your situation above on my system ... it mystifies me!