RE: [xsl] XSLT 1.0 - errata - E37

Subject: RE: [xsl] XSLT 1.0 - errata - E37
From: Florent Georges <darkman_spam@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 20 Apr 2006 14:31:32 +0200 (CEST)
"Buchcik, Kasimier" wrote:

> I learned that the scope of visibility of an
> xsl:param/xsl:variable was reformulated in the errata
> http://www.w3.org/1999/11/REC-xslt-19991116-errata/#E37 :
> "In this case, the binding is visible for the descendants
> of all following siblings that are not xsl:fallback
> instructions.".

> For me, this sentence seems to exclude the "following siblings"
> from the scope; an error in the errata?

  Interesting question.  I'm not an expert of the XSLT 1.0 REC, but I'd
say it is more something like "[...] for the following siblings that
are not xsl:fallback instructions, and their descendants".  It's what
the XSLT 2.0 draft says:

    A local variable binding element is visible for all
    following siblings and their descendants, with two
    exceptions: it is not visible in any region where it is
    shadowed by another variable binding, and it is not
    visible within the subtree rooted at an xsl:fallback
    instruction that is a sibling of the variable binding
    element. The binding is not visible for the xsl:variable
    or xsl:param element itself.

  Regards,

--drkm

Faites de Yahoo! votre page d'accueil sur le web pour retrouver directement vos services prifiris : virifiez vos nouveaux mails, lancez vos recherches et suivez l'actualiti en temps riel.
Rendez-vous sur http://fr.yahoo.com/set