RE: [xsl] Phonetic Sorting for Japanese Language

Subject: RE: [xsl] Phonetic Sorting for Japanese Language
From: "Michael Kay" <mike@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 21 Apr 2006 12:50:07 +0100
The collating sequences available depend entirely on which XSLT processor you
are using.

In the case of Saxon, Saxon will try to get a collator for the specified
language from Java - so it depends on the capabilities of your Java VM.

With XSLT 2.0 you get more precise control over collating sequences, in that
you can specify the required collation in terms of a URI. But it's still very
much implementation-defined what collations are available and how they work in
detail.

So you may be better off going to the support forum for the product you are
using.

Michael Kay
http://www.saxonica.com/