[xsl] SV: xsl-list Digest 21 Apr 2006 05:10:00 -0000 Issue 753

Subject: [xsl] SV: xsl-list Digest 21 Apr 2006 05:10:00 -0000 Issue 753
From: <Lisa.Bergqvist@xxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 21 Apr 2006 15:11:51 +0200
I am writing an XSL:FO document that will create a pdf document. One
chapter will contain an "example XML".

I access the XML file by a variable using document() function, and so
far so good. I now want to list the whole file tags, names, values and
all, pereferrably also indentaions.

When I try to list the whole XML file firstly, I try:

<xsl:for-each select="$SourceMetadata/*">
<!--List the XML file-->
<xsl:copy-of select="." />
</xsl:for-each>

This results in an error message saying: "Element name :
BusinessObjectName.(namespace = Null) Source context
unavailable.Unsupported element encountered".

The BusinessObjectName is the first element in the XML file.
The XML file does not contain any namespace.

I then try to add attribute copy-namespaces=No, then the parser says it
is wrong attribute for copy-of. Parser = Apache FOP.bat.

I change the code to:

<xsl:for-each select="$SourceMetadata/*">
<!--List the XML file-->
<xsl:copy-of select="node()" />
</xsl:for-each>

Now I get all element values in a row. No element names and no tags.

I then change to:

<xsl:for-each select="$SourceMetadata/*">
<!--List the XML file-->
<xsl:copy-of select="name()/>
</xsl:for-each>

I then get all tag names in a row, no values, no tags.

What can I do?