[xsl] Accessing xml node data using variable. Thanks, exactly my problem too.

Subject: [xsl] Accessing xml node data using variable. Thanks, exactly my problem too.
From: David Riggs <dariggs@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 23 Apr 2006 16:24:34 +0900
<You want

<xsl:value-of select="root/*[name() = $MyTitleName]"/>

Thank you Michael Kay! I was struggling with exactly this problem, and had just constructed an enquiry to the list, and was about to send it when this came in.

Everytime I am away from active xslt work for a few months I have trouble working through this kind of thing.

I understand the need to not have variables in xpath (p118 of _XSLT 2.0_ M. Kay), but it does seem odd to have to go to this kind of length to get the same result. Does this mean that the processor has to go through every node every time?

Thanks,

David Riggs, Kyoto