Re: [xsl] xsl:apply-templates and select option

Subject: Re: [xsl] xsl:apply-templates and select option
From: David Carlisle <davidc@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 2 Jun 2006 15:44:48 +0100
  Where translator substitutes the node names and grouper creates groups.
  However, I am not able to get that to work. In the above order I get the
  substitution but no grouping. Any ideas what may be wrong?!

When i said two stylesheets I really meant two complete transforms
so (eg with saxon)

saxon -o temp.xml file.xml sheet-1.xsl
saxon -o result.xml temp.xml sheet-2.xml

importing or including stylesheets doesn't make them into multiple
stylesheets in the sense I meant here. That is just a way of spreading
one logical stylesheet over more than one physical file.

Also any xsl:import statements have to come first so
	<xsl:import href="copy.xslt"/>
	<xsl:include href="ELSTranslator.xslt"/>
	<xsl:import href="ELSGrouper.xslt"/>
is a syntax error and should not have compiled at all.

http://www.w3.org/TR/xslt#element-import

he xsl:import element children must precede all other element children
of an xsl:stylesheet element, including any xsl:include element
children.

David

http://www.star.net.uk