Re: [xsl] Office 2007, XSL-FO, and the Adobe "Save as PDF"

Subject: Re: [xsl] Office 2007, XSL-FO, and the Adobe "Save as PDF"
From: "M. David Peterson" <xmlhacker@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 3 Jun 2006 13:26:02 -0600
And yes... I still do VERY MUCH have a question....

Does direct support for PDF as part of Office dilute or enhance the
value of XSL-FO?

You believe there is no relevance.  I believe you are wrong, and in
fact there is quite a bit of relevance.  The examples I provided are
from my own personal experience.  My guess is that there are others
who have experiences they can share that showcase relevance.

If you feel there is no relevance... then you've made your case.  Let
other people make theres.

On 6/3/06, M. David Peterson <xmlhacker@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> So, you didn't really have a question at all. You
> wanted to promote
> yourself and push an agenda.
>
> Right?

Wrong.  I don't need self promotion...  I am trying to promote
XML/XSLT/XSL-FO, and provide others who have interest in these things
information that might help them make their own decisions in this
regard.

Please don't draw conclusions that are based on your own speculation.
If I came across as attempting to promote myself... My apologies.  I'm
not.  You're initial response suggested you felt there was no
relevance.  I felt that providing some extended information would help
provide relevance.  That's all.

I wonder what you think you are accomplishing by your comments?  I'm
trying to promote XML/XSLT/XSL-FO, and provide information as it
relates to those who have interest in these same things.

What are you trying to accomplish with your follow-up?