Re: [xsl] Office 2007, XSL-FO, and the Adobe "Save as PDF"

Subject: Re: [xsl] Office 2007, XSL-FO, and the Adobe "Save as PDF"
From: "M. David Peterson" <xmlhacker@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 3 Jun 2006 16:06:16 -0600
:D Thanks for the laugh Robert! And for bringing things into perspective.

This is really what I am trying to get to the bottom of...  Does this
really matter to the XSL* communities as a whole.  If yes, then any
extended work I do in this area should keep this in mind... if no...
then no worries... If there are areas that I personally feel like are
beneficial, then I must make any decisions in regards to work I do in
this area based on my own opinions desires.  If, however, there are
folks that feel like this is beneficial work in a broader sense of the
word, then I need to keep this in mind as well, and act accordingly.

Thanks for your comments... You definitely know how to say it like it
is :D  (a good thing, in my opinon :D)

On 6/3/06, Robert Koberg <rob@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
M. David Peterson wrote:
> And yes... I still do VERY MUCH have a question....
>
> Does direct support for PDF as part of Office dilute or enhance the
> value of XSL-FO?

For me, I hope the whole PDF document type dies a quick death. Perhaps
what you are talking about helps it.

Have you ever tried to convert PDFs (especially PDFs produced by many
different people) to something usable for XSL processing? I have often
fantasized about taking PDF out back and shooting it.

(for that that matter, to a lesser extent, I hope MS Office Word and
Open Office Write dies a similar death)

-Rob

--
<M:D/>