Re: [xsl] XPointers to the start and the end of an element (not its content)?

Subject: Re: [xsl] XPointers to the start and the end of an element (not its content)?
From: Frans Englich <frans.englich@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 9 Jun 2006 12:12:11 +0000
On Friday 09 June 2006 11:51, Colin Paul Adams wrote:

>     Frans> I think Mozilla implements it incompletely, and I've
>
> That's not XSLT 2.0 then, is it?

No, it's XPointer support via some homebrewn ECMAScript interface. I found
these links in my notes:

http://xpointerlib.mozdev.org/
http://xpointerlib.mozdev.org/xpointerGrammar.html
http://www.mozdev.org/source/browse/xpointerlib/src/idl/nsIXPointerService.idl?rev=1.6&content-type=text/x-cvsweb-markup

>     Frans> somewhere seen a proprietary implementation listed as
>     Frans> implementing it. Right, not exactly mainstream..
>
>     >> Gestalt has a gexslt:xpath2 scheme, so you could use that to
>     >> select the nodes you want.
>
>     Frans> You should perhaps consider changing that to the
>     Frans> W3C-registered scheme:
>
>     Frans> http://www.w3.org/2005/04/xpointer-schemes/
>
> Thanks for that - these schemes are all new to me, apart from element
> and xmlns.
>
> It sounds like exactly the same spec. as mine, so all I have to do is
> add the namespace.

Of course, the most perfect would be an overtime deprecation of the custom
namespace.

Cheers,

		Frans