RE: [xsl] Dynamic columns for xslt

Subject: RE: [xsl] Dynamic columns for xslt
From: "Rick Roen" <Rick@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 12 Jun 2006 16:41:43 -0500
I'm working on something similar to this right now.

I have a sales document xml that might be output for various purposes, i.e.
order confirmation, packing list, invoice, customs declaration etc.  Each
type of output document will have a different table column assortment.

If you can put the column information into the xml, something like this

<colunmns>
	<col>Title 1</col>
	<col>Title 2</col>
</columns>

Then you can just read all the <col> nodes and insert them into the table
(html-th or fo:table-header?).

In my case, I'm storing the column definitions in the stylesheet and
accessing the appropriate one based on the type of document output.

HTH,

Rick