Re: [xsl] counting the preceding cousins of an element

Subject: Re: [xsl] counting the preceding cousins of an element
From: Carlo Liwanag <cliwanag@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 15 Jun 2006 17:34:08 +0800
Thanks for the reply guys,
This is actually what I had used in my xslt.
Thanks again.
David Carlisle wrote:

If your footnotes are all at the same level (so you really do want first
cousins) then preceding cousings are either preceding siblings, or
children of preceding siblins of your parents so

preceding-sibling::footnote | ../preceding-sibling::para/footnote

David

http://www.star.net.uk