RE: [xsl] Debugging XSL using Saxon

Subject: RE: [xsl] Debugging XSL using Saxon
From: "Michael Kay" <mike@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 16 Jun 2006 09:40:39 +0100
Stylus Studio and oXygen both include interactive debuggers that work with
Saxon.

Alternatively you can simply use xsl:message or the trace() function.
(Sometimes rather than xsl:message I use xsl:comment, which inserts the
diagnostic output into the result document).

Declaring types on all your variables and parameters is a good idea, because
it often means you get much earlier error messages. Even better is to use
schema-aware processing which will often detect your errors at compile time:
see http://www.stylusstudio.com/schema_aware.html

Michael Kay
http://www.saxonica.com/