Re: [xsl] Using IE's CC (Conditional Comments) inside an XSL file.

Subject: Re: [xsl] Using IE's CC (Conditional Comments) inside an XSL file.
From: Nick Fitzsimons <nick@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 17 Jun 2006 17:12:37 +0100
Stephen Cunliffe wrote:
Hi all,

I did check the FAQ, and scoured the Net but I was unable to find a good, workable answer for this.

I want to, in my XSL, insert a CC for IE6, that inserts a script tag, if it is IE.

E.g. this is the rendered result of what I want.

<!--[if IE 6]>
<script src="foo.js"></script>
<![endif]-->

Hi Stephen,

On my web site I have an article about this very issue, including an XSLT template you can call to produce IE conditional comments. It takes a qualifier (e.g "IE 6" or "lte IE 6") and a result tree fragment as parameters; there's a (hopefully clear) explanation of how to use it, and an example document. You can find the post at:
<http://www.nickfitz.co.uk/2005/10/27/ie-conditional-comments-in-xslt-10/>
and the demo at
<http://www.nickfitz.co.uk/xslt/cc/ConditionalCommentDemo.xml>
which uses
<http://www.nickfitz.co.uk/xslt/cc/ConditionalCommentDemo.xsl>
from which you can copy the template.

Note that a recent WordPress upgrade seems to have messed up some of the markup in the article. I think I've fixed it now but it's safer to grab the code from that .xsl file.

HTH,

Nick.
--
Nick Fitzsimons