Re: [xsl] Selecting all nodes between pairs of <br> tags

Subject: Re: [xsl] Selecting all nodes between pairs of <br> tags
From: Duncan Anker <danker@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 20 Jun 2006 15:15:10 +1000
Mukul Gandhi wrote:
On 6/20/06, Duncan Anker <danker@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
although I am still seeing the issue where the nodeset is being processed after the
like the template to continue from after the 2nd <br> pair, not from the
point it was at when the call was made.

Would'nt calling the "stat" template like this solve the problem..

<xsl:for-each select="br[local-name(preceding-sibling::node()[1]) = 'br']">
<something>
<xsl:call-template name="stat">
<xsl:with-param name="nodeset" select="following-sibling::node()" />
</xsl:call-template>
</something>
</xsl:for-each>
I'm using <xsl:template match="..."> but otherwise my code is identical. Would the use of the <xsl:for-each select="..."> make any difference in this instance? The template approach is necessary I would think, given that this data is in the middle of a file which is being processed.

I'm starting to get the hang of some of the more esoteric stuff, and usually when being told the answer, it's a case of "of course" followed by a self-induced blow to the head. The insight of hindsight is a wonderful thing, but getting to the solution can be long and treacherous. My own fault for trying to process HTML I guess :)

Regards, Duncan