RE: [xsl] outputting to original destination from within a result-document

Subject: RE: [xsl] outputting to original destination from within a result-document
From: "Michael Kay" <mike@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 21 Jun 2006 09:19:22 +0100
> I am using <xsl:result-document> in my stylesheet (processing
> with Saxon 8.7). I'd like to output back to my original
> output document from within the <xsl:result-document>. Does
> anyone know of any way to do this?

You can't (any more than you can write attributes to a parent element while
writing a descendant. The output model is strictly hierarchic - it can be
helpful to think of the secondary documents as being extensions of the main
output tree, that just happen to be serialized to a different file.

You have to follow the same principle as with a single output file -
structure the processing logic according to the hierarchic structure of the
output to be produced.

Michael Kay
http://www.saxonica.com/

Right now, I'm assuming