Re: [xsl] XSLT arguments in PHP 5

Subject: Re: [xsl] XSLT arguments in PHP 5
From: "Martynas Jusevicius" <martynas.jusevicius@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 21 Jun 2006 17:10:19 +0200
Well, I want to pass dinamically formed XML as side-documents for my stylesheet.

In PHP4's processing function there was an option of passing such
arguments and later accessing them through Sablotron-specific scheme
"document('arg:/...)".

I'm looking for an alternative in PHP5. Are saying it is not possible yet? :/

Quoting Zend: "All the XML extensions now support PHP streams
throughout, even if you try to access a stream not directly from PHP.
<...> Basically, you can access a PHP stream everywhere where you can
access a normal file."
So I thought I might implement my own stream wrapper and use it with
document(). I have no luck here though.

On 6/21/06, Buchcik, Kasimier <k.buchcik@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Hi,

> [...]

I dunno if I understand correctly, so the following info might
be not very helpful:

Do you want to pass node trees as parameters into the transformation
processor? If yes, then this is currently not supported by the
underlying
Libxslt/Libxml2 library. This was asked before here some weeks ago, so
maybe it's a feature which should be made available; contact the PHP
people.

If you need a way of redirecting document() to internally stored
node trees, then this is already possible in Libxslt/Libxml2 by tweaking
its IO layer; PHP just needs to implement this.