Re: [xsl] doctype

Subject: Re: [xsl] doctype
From: David Carlisle <davidc@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 30 Jun 2006 18:07:20 +0100
these are "pure xslt" answers, some systems have extensions that change
some of the answers in some cases (but not as much as you'd want)

> The question is - is can I keep the Doctype as is.

no

> There are various xml:output options, but I seem to need to know what
> the doctype is - and I really just want to pass it through.

The doctype information is lost on parsing, just as information about
It isn't passed to XSLT so XSLT can not preserve it.

> If I have to define it - how do I define the part within the square
> brackets. I( can see how to specify the rest but not that.

XSLT offers no facilities for this.

Sorry,

Do you really need the DTD declarations in the output?
You don't for example need any entity declarations that may be in the
dtd as XSLT will never have generated any entity references..

David