Re: [xsl] Transforming multiple XML files into one file

Subject: Re: [xsl] Transforming multiple XML files into one file
From: Florent Georges <darkman_spam@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 5 Jul 2006 16:37:28 +0200 (CEST)
Chad Chelius wrote:

  Hi

> <xsl:template match="movie">
>    <xsl:copy-of select="document(document('list.xml')/files/file)/
> story"/>
>  </xsl:template>

> In the past I have been applying an XSLT to an existing XML file
> using Oxygen. So I'd open up the file that I want to transform and
> then the XSLT would apply the transformation to that document and
> give me the resulting output. In this situation, there isn't an XML
> file to start with. Should I just open a blank XML file and do a
> transformation on it? Forgive my ignorance here.

  I don't really understand your question.  How do you get the 'movie'
element to apply the above template rule on?  If it is by an other call
to document(), doc() or collection(), I guess you have a named template
to start.  If you have, you can start there, but te way to tell it to
your processor is implementation-defined.  For example with Saxon:

    ~> saxon -it main script.xsl

  Regards,

--drkm

Yahoo! Mail riinvente le mail ! Dicouvrez le nouveau Yahoo! Mail et son interface rivolutionnaire.
http://fr.mail.yahoo.com