RE: [xsl] statically known namespaces

Subject: RE: [xsl] statically known namespaces
From: omprakash.v@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Mon, 10 Jul 2006 19:35:42 +0530
Hi Mike,

"It would be nice if XSLT editors provided configuration options so you
could
say which namespaces you want automatically inserted, and which of them
should be listed in exclude-result-prefixes."

         The idea of having configuration options for namespaces is
definitely a good one. But wouldn't the list of namespaces to be inserted
and to be excluded vary from project to project and even between
stylesheets. So how could a global definition of required and not required
namespaces help in this case.

cheers,
prakash

                      "Michael Kay"
                      <mike@xxxxxxxxxx         To:      <xsl-list@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
                      om>                      cc:      (bcc: omprakash.v/Polaris)
                      07/10/2006 07:27
                      PM
                      Please respond
                      to xsl-list

> ....ahh completely forgot the XML side of things, been
> reading XQuery this morning.  The main point came from xs:
> though as my editor doesn't auto-generate it, and as I've
> never committed it to memory I have to cut and paste it each time...

It would be nice if XSLT editors provided configuration options so you
could
say which namespaces you want automatically inserted, and which of them
should be listed in exclude-result-prefixes.

I see a lot of stylesheets containing quite unnecessary declarations of
namespaces like XSL-FO. I assume these are usually caused by tools
possessing half-an-ounce of intelligence, rather than by users blindly
copying the heading of the last stylesheet they wrote.

Michael Kay
http://www.saxonica.com/

This e-Mail may contain proprietary and confidential information and is sent for the intended recipient(s) only.  If by an addressing or transmission error this mail has been misdirected to you, you are requested to delete this mail immediately. You are also hereby notified that any use, any form of reproduction, dissemination, copying, disclosure, modification, distribution and/or publication of this e-mail message, contents or its attachment other than by its intended recipient/s is strictly prohibited.

Visit us at http://www.polaris.co.in