Re: [xsl] Passing XML Tree to a java method as String.

Subject: Re: [xsl] Passing XML Tree to a java method as String.
From: "Mukul Gandhi" <gandhi.mukul@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 14 Jul 2006 16:23:39 +0530
Hi Omar,
 Please try something like this:

<xsl:stylesheet version="2.0"
xmlns:String="http://www.sun.com/java.lang.String";>

<xsl:template match="/">
  <xsl:variable name="myxml">
     <xsl:copy-of select="env:Envelope/env:Body/*" />
  </xsl:variable>
  <xsl:value-of select="JavaClassRef:javaMethod(String:toString($myxml))" />
</xsl:template>

</xsl:stylesheet>

Regards,
Mukul

On 7/14/06, Omar Saeed <omar.saeed.email@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Hi,

I have a SOAP Message in the XSL template and need to pass everything
inside the Body element to a java method that takes a String.

When I do the following:
<xsl:template match="/">
       <xsl:variable name="myxml">
               <xsl:copy-of select="env:Envelope/env:Body/*" />
       </xsl:variable>

       <xsl:value-of select="JavaClassRef:javaMethod($myxml)" />
</xsl:template>

In the javaMethod I get only the values inside the elements passed.
How can I pass everything including the elements that are inside the
Body element as String (the entire XML structure as String)? Do I need
to convert the XML to String?
Or is it more a question of deserializing the XML ? How do I do this,
are there any libraries that provide this?

Any help much appreciated.
Omar