Re: [xsl] Fwd: Combing two different documents

Subject: Re: [xsl] Fwd: Combing two different documents
From: "David B" <daavidb@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 17 Jul 2006 16:33:35 +0100
Hey guys, thanks for all the answers. I supposed what I really want is
something like this:
function merge:
  For each element in file1 and file2:
    * If element available in both documents, output element and go
into that element in both documents, call merge()
    * If element available in only one document, copy that element
and all it's subelements to the output

Thus combining two documents where the depth where they "seperate" isn't
fixed.

Would that be possible with xslt?

Best Regards,
David

2006/7/17, Florent Georges <darkman_spam@xxxxxxxx>:
Mukul Gandhi wrote:

Hi

>  <xsl:template match="*[not(*)]">
>    <xsl:copy-of select="." />
>    <xsl:copy-of select="$doc2//*[not(*)]" />
>  </xsl:template>

  With this template rue, you'll copy *all* leaves of the second
document after *each* leaf of the first one.  The solution proposed by
Andrew does the right think IMHO.

  Personally, I'd walk through the second tree in parallel with the
first one, by passing the current node in the second tree as a
parameter in xsl:apply-templates.

Regards,

--drkm

Yahoo! Mail riinvente le mail ! Dicouvrez le nouveau Yahoo! Mail et son
interface rivolutionnaire.
http://fr.mail.yahoo.com