Re: [xsl] A beef with XSLT Sometimes too complicated

Subject: Re: [xsl] A beef with XSLT Sometimes too complicated
From: Wendell Piez <wapiez@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 17 Jul 2006 13:34:07 -0400
Hi David,

At 03:49 PM 7/14/2006, you wrote:
but if the let clause is binding the variable to a sequence of zero or
more than one items there is no way to bind that sequence to a variable
in Xpath. All the XPath binding expressions, namely for, some, every
iterate through a sequence and bind the variable to (at eaxh iteration)
a single item. This is often annoying (if you get annoyed by such
things).

So -- if I follow you -- nesting a for expression is a workaround for this gap only some of the time?

In line with the question whether to prefer XPath or XSLT logic, can we see an example where we'd actually prefer to do it in XPath if we could? (I'd welcome entries from anyone.)

Cheers,
Wendell