Re: [xsl] XSLT in IE w/Sarissa - omit-xml-declaration="yes" seems broken

Subject: Re: [xsl] XSLT in IE w/Sarissa - omit-xml-declaration="yes" seems broken
From: "andrew welch" <andrew.j.welch@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 20 Jul 2006 10:48:39 +0100
On 7/19/06, Lindsey Simon <lsimon@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Howdy,

I'm using Sarissa to perform client-side XSLT.

Putting omit-xml-declaration="yes" into the output of the xsl makes no
difference in the result in IE. I've tested that the property is
actually set to yes when the processor gets constructed, and it is. I
basically do not want the xml-declaration, and cannot figure out how to
not get it back, without just doing an IE specific node removal after
the transform.

I'm hoping someone experienced with using the MSXML engines might just
know something about this...

Test page:
http://www.commoner.com/~lsimon/XSLDataGrid/test/xslt_omit-xml-declaration.html

It may well be that the result of the transform is being passed to a serialiser and so you would need to set the omit-xml-declaration on that - the instruction in the XSLT is ignored unless the transform processor does the serialisation (by transforming to a stream rather than a document).

Also, I seem to remember something about having to use
transformNodeToObject otherwise it will always default to UTF-16....
(although omit-xml-declaration should still work in that case)...

Not my area though, I'm afraid.