RE: [xsl] XSLT default output encoding when method==html?

Subject: RE: [xsl] XSLT default output encoding when method==html?
From: "Michael Kay" <mike@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 21 Jul 2006 21:44:15 +0100
Most XSLT processors allow you to bypass the final stage of serialization,
namely translation of characters into bytes, if you supply a
character-oriented output destination: for example, in Java, a StreamResult
that wraps a StringWriter. You then end up with a sequence of abstract
characters (in Java they will actually be in UTF-16, but you aren't supposed
to care).

Michael Kay
http://www.saxonica.com/