Re: [xsl] How to make tree menu from flat XML

Subject: Re: [xsl] How to make tree menu from flat XML
From: "Mukul Gandhi" <gandhi.mukul@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 23 Jul 2006 20:02:10 +0530
If the levels would be limited to 3 only (or can there be any number
of levels?), then the following stylesheet would work:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>

<xsl:output method="xml" indent="yes"/>

<xsl:template match="/records">
 <records>
   <xsl:for-each select="record[parentkeynum = 0]">
     <record>
       <xsl:variable name="key1" select="keynum" />
       <xsl:copy-of select="*" />
       <xsl:for-each select="../record[parentkeynum = $key1]">
         <record>
           <xsl:variable name="key2" select="keynum" />
           <xsl:copy-of select="*" />
           <xsl:for-each select="../record[parentkeynum = $key2]">
             <record>
               <xsl:copy-of select="*" />
             </record>
           </xsl:for-each>