Re: [xsl] For-each and keys()

Subject: Re: [xsl] For-each and keys()
From: "G. Ken Holman" <gkholman@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 02 Aug 2006 12:47:49 -0400
At 2006-08-02 12:06 -0400, Steve wrote:
Really that's too short, as I'd have to guess the definitions of the
variables used. Can you not make a small (6 line) input file, and a
small (complete) xslt file  that exhibits the problem that you are
having, and say what output you want. If you post code that can be
executed _someone_ on the list will execute it and comment on wha it's
doing.

I suppose I can't believe that you'd actually make use of anything if you're unwilling to test code because the document() was capitalized when it was copied to this list.

Hey, it was enough for me not to be willing to work with something that already has errors. Why put people to work fixing something that is already broken such that one cannot even help towards the problem you cite? How do we know you even have working code if it has syntax errors? Are you asking for assistance or are you asking us to do all your work for you?

I'm with David ... you can help others help you
by posting an illustration of working input files
and expected results, and a working stylesheet
even if it doesn't do what you want.  Look at
what I did in my post to you here:

http://www.biglist.com/lists/xsl-list/archives/200607/msg00604.html

You will see a transcript at the bottom where I
type the source file, type the stylesheet file,
and reveal the end results as the execution of an
XSLT processor.  Anyone working with the archives
can now extract those working components, get it
working in their system, and expand on it from there for their specific
issues.

Is that so hard, and so unreasonable to
expect?  How can you expect people to respond if
you don't make it easy for them to do so?

-- UBL/XML/XSLT/XSL-FO training: Verx, Denmark 06-09-25/10-06 World-wide corporate, govt. & user group UBL, XSL, & XML training. G. Ken Holman mailto:gkholman@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx Crane Softwrights Ltd. http://www.CraneSoftwrights.com/s/ Box 266, Kars, Ontario CANADA K0A-2E0 +1(613)489-0999 (F:-0995) Male Cancer Awareness Aug'05 http://www.CraneSoftwrights.com/s/bc Legal business disclaimers: http://www.CraneSoftwrights.com/legal