RE: [xsl] Line Numbering

Subject: RE: [xsl] Line Numbering
From: "Michael Kay" <mike@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 4 Aug 2006 21:01:38 +0100
It all depends really on who is doing the line-breaking and when. If you're
deciding in the XSLT code where to put the line breaks, then it can be done
as suggested with a recursive template. If the line breaks are being decided
downstream by an XSL-FO processor, then you're scuppered unless there's some
XSL-FO construct to help you out (which I'm not aware of, but I'm no
expert).

It would be nice if there were some XML vocabulary at the level of PDF that
described the physical page layout, which you could then do a transform
on... But that's wishful thinking.

Michael Kay
http://www.saxonica.com/