RE: [xsl] Use of separator

Subject: RE: [xsl] Use of separator
From: "Michael Kay" <mike@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 7 Aug 2006 17:49:18 +0100
There is a special rule here: in the sequence selected by the select
attribute, adjacent text nodes are concatenated before inserting the
separator. There's a long and convoluted history to this: it doesn't make
much sense in this example, but there are other examples where it does.
Apologies for the half-answer, but I'm on holiday!

Michael Kay
http://www.saxonica.com/