Re: [xsl] [OT] XML without Namespaces (was: Problem with embeded XHTML in an XML file and transformation to XSL:FO)

Subject: Re: [xsl] [OT] XML without Namespaces (was: Problem with embeded XHTML in an XML file and transformation to XSL:FO)
From: Florent Georges <darkman_spam@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 14 Aug 2006 10:44:43 +0200 (CEST)
andrew welch wrote:

  Hi

> what XML parsers/applications will accept well-formed XML
> that is not namespace-well-formed ?

  I don't know such application anymore.  And I don't see
any advantage now to have an application that deals with XML
but doesn't take namespaces into accout.  Even for very
simple tasks.

> I think I started with XML just after the namespaces rec
> came became a rec, so the idea of using one without the
> other just seems odd...

  If I remember well, in a lot of applications namespaces
were not supported, then came with a bad support for
namespaces, for some time after the Namespace in XML REC was
adopted.

  But today, I'd not understand someone that would say "I'll
use XML, but without the namespaces REC".

  Regards,

--drkm

 p4.vert.ukl.yahoo.com uncompressed/chunked Mon Aug 14 08:13:39 GMT 2006

Dicouvrez un nouveau moyen de poser toutes vos questions quelque soit le sujet !
Yahoo! Questions/Riponses pour partager vos connaissances, vos opinions et vos expiriences.
http://fr.answers.yahoo.com