[xsl] Namespace prefixes in Schemas

Subject: [xsl] Namespace prefixes in Schemas
From: "António Mota" <amsmota@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 15 Aug 2006 23:46:27 +0100
Hello all:

It's been a while since i don't work with XML, so bear with me if this
is a stupid question...

Isaw several Schemas that have the xs namespace, like

<xs:schema xmlns:xs="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema";>

and then the elements and type are referenced as

<xs:element name="Titulo" type="xs:string"/>

But i also saw the same thing with

<xsd:schema xmlns:xsd="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema";>

<xsd:element name="Titulo" type="xsd:string"/>

and others with

<schema xmlns="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema";>

<element name="Titulo" type="string"/>

My problem is that i'm transforming a schema in something else, and i
need to access some nodes with XPath expression, like

//elements

to access all the elements of the Schema

So how can i know what is the prefix that a random Schena is using, or
how can i access nodes independently of their prefixes?

Thanks all.