Re: [xsl] XSL-FO: limiting lines per page

Subject: Re: [xsl] XSL-FO: limiting lines per page
From: "G. Ken Holman" <gkholman@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 18 Aug 2006 06:25:02 -0400
At 2006-08-18 10:29 +0200, ohernandez@xxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
The problem I have is that even pages need to
have exactly 24 lines and odd pages exactly 20.
There is no problem with the diferentiation
between even and odd pages, but I don't know a
way to control the lines perpage.

Is there some?

Not explicitly by the way you are asking the question ... there is no explicit control of "lines per page".

In fact, the document don't use tables. It have
a text like format, with blocks, paragraphs and
lines. Block titles count one line, and there aren't white lines at all.

Sounds like all you have to do is set the line height accordingly, with a body region for even pages sized to be 24 times the line height, and the body region for odd pages sized to be 20 times the line height, then flowing the lines with your content.

I hope this helps.

--
UBL/XML/XSLT/XSL-FO training:         Verx, Denmark 06-09-25/10-06
Male Cancer Awareness Aug'05  http://www.CraneSoftwrights.com/s/bc