Re: [xsl] Transquery and XSL-T 2.0

Subject: Re: [xsl] Transquery and XSL-T 2.0
From: Evan Lenz <evan@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 25 Aug 2006 11:00:40 -0700
Hi Bryan, Michael, and Colin,

I just noticed this thread. Colin, the point is that you would be able to run an XSLT stylesheet across thousands of documents at once, without requiring that they be loaded into memory. The whole TransQuery idea was that XSLT be used as a query language. http://www.xmlportfolio.com/transquery/

That sounds like a fascinating rumor, Michael. Which company? :-)

Evan

Colin Paul Adams wrote:
"Michael" == Michael Kay <mike@xxxxxxxxxxxx> writes:

>> Okay given that XSL-T 2.0 is now making good headway; has >> anyone given thought of doing the old Transquery stuff in XSL-T >> 2.0?

    Michael> I've heard rumours of one company that's implementing
    Michael> XSLT 2.0 by translating it into XQuery; that approach
    Michael> would in principle enable you to run XSLT 2.0 directly
    Michael> against an XML database.

I don't see what XQuery has to do with the ability to run directly
against an XML database - any XSLT implementation should be able to do
this, with an appropriate URI.