Re: [xsl] referencing nodes via variables

Subject: Re: [xsl] referencing nodes via variables
From: Florent Georges <darkman_spam@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 30 Aug 2006 15:25:16 +0200 (CEST)
Sam Carleton wrote:

  Hi

> The way things are currently coded, it works.  I am wondering if
> there is a better way.

> <xsl:template match="line">
>   <xsl:variable  name="methodID" select="@methodID"/>
>   <xsl:variable  name="methodVer" select="@methodVer"/>
>   <xsl:variable  name="method"
> select="/root/methods/method[@id=$methodOID and
> @version=$methodVer]"/>

  XSLT provides current() too.  But I tend to use variables as you did,
I find that clearer.  In this particular case, maybe an xsl:key would
be better, depending on the complexity of your real input.

  Regards,

--drkm

 p5.vert.ukl.yahoo.com uncompressed/chunked Wed Aug 30 12:13:41 GMT 2006

Dicouvrez un nouveau moyen de poser toutes vos questions quelque soit le sujet !
Yahoo! Questions/Riponses pour partager vos connaissances, vos opinions et vos expiriences.
http://fr.answers.yahoo.com