Re: [xsl] Confirmimg - Bug in Accessing Global XSL Variables

Subject: Re: [xsl] Confirmimg - Bug in Accessing Global XSL Variables
From: "Karl Stubsjoen" <kstubs@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 3 Sep 2006 12:11:12 -0700
I hate to say this, but I still think there is a problem here.
Possibly I am doing something wrong so not real confident at the
moment.

It appears that the global variable problem has been fixed in .NET 2.0
using the XslCompiledTransform Class.  However, what is not fixed is
the use of global templates.

There does not appear to be a problem if the global template is named
without a namespace, but as soon as you introduce a namespace, the
call fails.

There is not a problem if the template is defined in the immediate
imported base template, but when the defined template is 2 deep.

Please confirm.

Karl..

On 9/2/06, Dimitre Novatchev <dnovatchev@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Looks like I'm moving to 2.0. F!

Good decision.

Apart form the new XslCompiledTransform class I'd recommend the new
VS2005 (Professional edition and higher) XML Editor and the XSLT
Debugger.

--
Cheers,
Dimitre Novatchev