[xsl] Sorting in order to count unique Records.

Subject: [xsl] Sorting in order to count unique Records.
From: Steve <subsume@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 5 Sep 2006 16:29:51 -0400
I'm setting up a recursive template in order to count the amount of
unique records at the end for tabulation.

I'm wondering if I can use xsl:sort to get the names in order, then
have the template check to see if the following-sibling matches.

Thing about recursive templates is you only pass the first record.
Would xsl:sort only sort the first record (doing nothing)?

<xsl:for-each select="Record[1]">
	<xsl:sort select="name" />
	<xsl:apply-templates select="." />
</xsl:for-each>

Is there a problem? If so, would the following extra step solve it?

<xsl:for-each select="Records">
	<xsl:sort select="Record/name" />    <!--- ???
             <xsl:for-each select="Record[1]">
             <xsl:apply-templates select="." />
   </xsl:for-each>
</xsl:for-each>