Re: [xsl] Data Integration at runtime using XSL

Subject: Re: [xsl] Data Integration at runtime using XSL
From: James Fuller <jim.fuller@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 07 Sep 2006 13:57:56 +0200
Ambika.Das@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:

Hi Jim,

Given below is the code.

<xsl:for-each select="parent/child"> <xsl:variable name="nCnt" select="position()"/>

<xsl:text>,</xsl:text>
<xsl:value-of
select="fid[@id='FIELD_1']"/>
<xsl:text>,</xsl:text>

The template for tokenizing the input parameter is as follows

<xsl:param name="input_param"/> <xsl:choose>
<xsl:when test="contains($input_param,'|')">
<xsl:value-of
select="substring-before($input_param,'|')"/>
</xsl:when>
<xsl:otherwise>
<xsl:value-of select="$ input_param "/> </xsl:otherwise>
</xsl:choose>
</xsl:template>

Let me know if you require any other details.

can u create a complete example?

* xml doc with sample data
* complete xslt doc that represents your problem

giving us snippets of information means we might spend time looking at problems that are not actually problems....as others have already noted you have issues with your params e.g. a whitespace in $input_param etc....

gl, Jim Fuller

ps: it feels like we are dealing with a turing machine at the moment