Re: [xsl] Removing all line breaks in text nodes

Subject: Re: [xsl] Removing all line breaks in text nodes
From: David Carlisle <davidc@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 10 Sep 2006 15:52:30 +0100
       	<xsl:template match="text()">
		<xsl:value-of select="normalize-space(.)"/>
  		<xsl:value-of select="translate(., '&#xA;&#xD;', '  ')" />
	</xsl:template>

That would duplicate the text node, first with all white space collapsed
and line breaks changed to spaces, then again with linebreaks changed to
spaces (but multiple spaces not collapsed)

> I tried the following template, but the transformed document retains
> the line breaks FrameMaker inserted in the original file.

any such line breaks can not be coming from this template, but must be
coming from elesewhere in the stylesheet, eg text copied directly with
xsl:value-of rather than via apply-templates.

David