Re: [xsl] logical and, and logical or

Subject: Re: [xsl] logical and, and logical or
From: Wolfgang Jeltsch <wolfgang@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 14 Sep 2006 19:40:01 +0200
Am Donnerstag, 14. September 2006 19:03 schrieb Abel Braaksma:
> Wolfgang Jeltsch wrote:
> > Hmm, I recognize that there are respective operators now but I was (and
> > am still) missing the corresponding functions.
> >
> > Best wishes,
> > Wolfgang
>
> If you really want a function, you can do it in XSLT 2:
>
> <!-- acts as an and() function with two params -->
> <xsl:function name="yourns:and">
>       <xsl:param name="prefix" />
>       <xsl:param name="postfix" />
>       <xsl:value-of select="$prefix and $postfix" />
> </xsl:function>
>
> <!-- acts as an or() function with two params -->
> <xsl:function name="yourns:or">
>       <xsl:param name="prefix" />
>       <xsl:param name="postfix" />
>       <xsl:value-of select="$prefix or $postfix" />
> </xsl:function>
>
> But tell me, really, was this what you were looking for? A function as a
> replacement of an operator?
>
> Cheers,
> Abel Braaksma
> http://abelleba.metacarpus.com

Actually, I don't need these functions.  It's just that I was looking for a
logical and, and because I thought that every operator was backed by at least
one function, I looked for a respective function.  Since I didn't find such a
function I came to the conclusion that XPath might not provide a logical and.
When I said that I was missing the corresponding functions, I just wanted to
explain why I thought that XPath doesn't provide an and.

Best wishes,
Wolfgang