Re: [xsl] using a parameter to modify part of the file path in document(...) function

Subject: Re: [xsl] using a parameter to modify part of the file path in document(...) function
From: "Tracey Zellmann" <tracey.zellmann@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 16 Sep 2006 15:08:44 -0400
I am using XSLT 2.0 and JAVA 1.5.0_07 and the Saxon B net.sf.saxon.TransformerFactoryImpl Transformer.

In my style sheet, I currently import an xml document
<xsl:variable name="list" select="document('../inputXml/storyPages.xml')"/>

Now that everything works, I want to change my input file arrangements and use different documents, each named storyPages.xml, but from different directories.

examples:

../TownHouseData/inputXML/buildingStories.xml
../MiddlesexHotelData/inputXML/buildingStories.xml
../DamonMillData/inputXML/buildingStories.xml

and so forth.

I can set a parameter in my java program,
transformer.setParameter("buildingDataFile", "TownHouseData");

and use a different setting for the other buildings.

My problem is that I always get confused in XSLT using variables and parameters inside double and single quoted strings.

What is a clean syntax for accomplishing this?