RE: [xsl] Getting the Base Character of Character with Diacritic

Subject: RE: [xsl] Getting the Base Character of Character with Diacritic
From: "Colin Adams" <colinpauladams@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 19 Sep 2006 07:36:12 +0100
The nearest thing I can think of is (XSLT 2.0 only) to call the normalize-unicode function specifying NFKD as the normalization form.

You will then have a string where the base characters and the accents are adjacent characters.

You could then write an xsl:function to drop non-ASCII characters (perhaps - I don't know exactly what you are wanting to do).

From: Jeff Sese <jsese@xxxxxxxxxxxx>

Is there a way in xslt for me to get the base character of a character with diacritic?
Like D to a? I was thinking of using the translate function, but it there are too many characters to include.

Windows Live Messenger has arrived. Click here to download it for free! http://imagine-msn.com/messenger/launch80/?locale=en-gb