RE: [xsl] writing error file

Subject: RE: [xsl] writing error file
From: "Michael Kay" <mike@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 22 Sep 2006 09:13:02 +0100
I can't reproduce your problem. Given c:\temp\test.xsl:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<xsl:stylesheet
    version="2.0">
    <xsl:template match="/">
        <a>
        <xsl:message>A message</xsl:message>
        </a>
    </xsl:template>
</xsl:stylesheet>

running

cd c:\temp
java net.sf.saxon.Transform test.xsl test.xsl 2>test.log

creates file c:\temp\test.log containing:

A message

I also tried 2>>test.log (something I hadn't seen before): this appended the
message to the previous contents of the file rather than overwriting it.

Michael Kay
http://www.saxonica.com/