[xsl] XPath for matching multiple child elements

Subject: [xsl] XPath for matching multiple child elements
From: "Will McCutchen" <mccutchen@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 28 Sep 2006 11:38:01 -0500
Hi,

I'm not sure if there is a shortcut for this, but I've run into this
"problem" often enough to make me want to ask it here.

I have a template that I would like to match a select few children of
a particular element.  Below is the XPath expression I would like to
be able to use.  I think my intentions are pretty clear.

<xsl:template match="comments//(h1|p|b|i)">

A syntax like that would be much more fun to maintain and adjust than
writing out all of the combinations, like so:

<xsl:template match="comments//h1 | comments//p | comments//b | comments//i">

I'm using XSLT 2.0 and SaxonB 8.something.  Is there some obvious
solution that I have missed?

Thanks for your help,

Will.