Re: [xsl] Opera's JavaScript API for XSLT?

Subject: Re: [xsl] Opera's JavaScript API for XSLT?
From: "Michael(tm) Smith" <mikes@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 29 Sep 2006 09:04:44 +0900
"M. David Peterson" <xmlhacker@xxxxxxxxx>, 2006-09-28 07:03 -0600:

[about reporting bugs related to XSLT in Opera XSLT]
> Is there an official channel these should be filtered through?  It's
> never been quite clear to me where I should post bug reports, so until
> now I haven't been.

Opera has an online form for submitting bug reports:

  https://bugs.opera.com/wizard/

Unfortunately, though, the bug-tracking system itself is not
publicly accessible, so after you've submitted a bug using that,
you still won't have a way to track status on it yourself.

So if you do use that to submit an XSLT-related bug, if you also
want to e-mail me at the time you submit it, and let me know, I
can subscribe to the bug internally and track it. But do note that
the fact I'd be tracking it doesn't necessarily mean I'd be at
liberty to provide you with any details about internal discussions
related to the bug.

As far as general places for Opera-related discussions, there is
an opera-users mailing list:

And an #opera IRC channel on irc.opera.com:

  irc://irc.opera.com/opera

I'm on that mailing list and on the IRC channel every day -- as
are a number of Opera developers and QA engineers, as well as a
lot of knowledgeable users. So those are good resources for
more direct communication about specific issues with XSLT in Opera.

Opera also has a bunch of very active web-based forums:

  http://my.opera.com/community/forums/forum.dml?id=26

I don't follow those myself (not that there's anything wrong with
them in particular but just because I personally think web-based
discussion forums universally suck) but a good number of users do,
as well as some people from Opera development and QA.

> BTW... http://browserbasedxml.com/
>
> The browser-based XSLT ACID test awaits your click ;)

Excellent. Well, I can report that page displays fine in my
primary browser, w3m:

  http://w3m.sourceforge.net/

w3m seems to be correctly ignoring the xml-stylesheet PI. So I
guess that's a pass? ;)

  --Mike