Re: [xsl] Opera's JavaScript API for XSLT?

Subject: Re: [xsl] Opera's JavaScript API for XSLT?
From: "M. David Peterson" <xmlhacker@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 28 Sep 2006 18:49:32 -0600
On 9/28/06, Michael(tm) Smith <mikes@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

"M. David Peterson" <xmlhacker@xxxxxxxxx>, 2006-09-28 07:03 -0600:

Opera has an online form for submitting bug reports:

https://bugs.opera.com/wizard/

Yeah, I had seen this once before, but...

   Unfortunately, though, the bug-tracking system itself is not
   publicly accessible, so after you've submitted a bug using that,
   you still won't have a way to track status on it yourself.

... which is the impression I walked away with.

However, the real reason I basically avoided worrying about it too
much is the fact that for all intents and purposes, the XSLT processor
as it was last October when I first saw the announcement was fairly
solid.  At least it was solid enough to assume that it was a work
fairly well in progress, and therefore not something to stress over
initially.

   So if you do use that to submit an XSLT-related bug, if you also
   want to e-mail me at the time you submit it, and let me know, I
   can subscribe to the bug internally and track it. But do note that
   the fact I'd be tracking it doesn't necessarily mean I'd be at
   liberty to provide you with any details about internal discussions
   related to the bug.

No worries. Thats completely understandable.

   As far as general places for Opera-related discussions, there is
   an opera-users mailing list:

Subscribed.

And an #opera IRC channel on irc.opera.com:

irc://irc.opera.com/opera

Just logged in.

   I'm on that mailing list and on the IRC channel every day -- as
   are a number of Opera developers and QA engineers, as well as a
   lot of knowledgeable users. So those are good resources for
   more direct communication about specific issues with XSLT in Opera.

Cool :) No doubt I will run into at some point then.

Opera also has a bunch of very active web-based forums:

http://my.opera.com/community/forums/forum.dml?id=26

   I don't follow those myself (not that there's anything wrong with
   them in particular but just because I personally think web-based
   discussion forums universally suck)

You and I both :D

   but a good number of users do,
   as well as some people from Opera development and QA.

Fair enough.

   > BTW... http://browserbasedxml.com/
   >
   > The browser-based XSLT ACID test awaits your click ;)

   Excellent. Well, I can report that page displays fine in my
   primary browser, w3m:

http://w3m.sourceforge.net/

   w3m seems to be correctly ignoring the xml-stylesheet PI. So I
   guess that's a pass? ;)

Well, it does what its supposed to, as opposed to,

"XSLT processing failed!"

which is the <h1/> message that has been broadcasting itself after
each weekly release induced a weekly "Hmmm... I wonder if...

"XSLT processing failed!"

"hmmm... guess not. Well, theres always next week!" ;)

"XSLT processing failed!"

Then again... ;)

(Glad to see your on the task, Mike!  Regardless of my own feelings, I
was really starting to worry about Glenn (
http://www.oreillynet.com/xml/blog/2006/08/dear_opera_are_you_a_w3c_web_s.html)
;) :D

Thanks for the follow-up!

--