Re: [xsl] xml:base, resolve-uri and imported xslt files: how to get the importing base url from imported xslt

Subject: Re: [xsl] xml:base, resolve-uri and imported xslt files: how to get the importing base url from imported xslt
From: Abel Braaksma <abel.online@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 09 Oct 2006 17:17:55 +0200
David Carlisle wrote:
why have a param-config-url param at all? Can't you just make the
parameter in your common styleshete be the configuration document itself
(rather than a relative URl to that document) Then in your top level
stylesheet just set the parameter to that document using doc(a URI to
the file) and that will be the definition used, because of import
precedence.
Unfort. I can't do that, because these locations vary and are set in the calling application. Perhaps my simplified examples proofed otherwise, but this construct is part of a set of tens of includes, and it really got unmaintainable, so I needed some generalized resolution. But the overriding part is something I think I will use, yes ;)