Re: [xsl] text extraction

Subject: Re: [xsl] text extraction
From: Abel Braaksma <abel.online@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 12 Oct 2006 19:18:04 +0200
David Carlisle wrote:
XSLT will not drop or replace characters.

Ah, yes, I see now, oops.

If the character is in a place where a character reference may be used,
the character will be serialised as a character reference (& # 1234 ;) If it is at a place where a character ref can not be used,

I was aware of that with regards to XML output, surely, this would have little sense for Text output, would it? I have the impression (or recollection) that it is an error when you output to Text and you use a character not in the range of the specified encoding (thought it would be so kind as to replace it with something, though).

-- Abel