RE: [xsl] short and long empty xml elements

Subject: RE: [xsl] short and long empty xml elements
From: "Michael Kay" <mike@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 13 Oct 2006 14:46:10 +0100
> I do completely aggree. The point is that the target system
> is not in our responsability but is used by a customer. I
> already tried to convince the customer to replace the system:
> no way. So we can try to find a nasty solution or we risk to
> loose the customer. We voted for the first way.

What would you do if you agreed to communicate with the customer using
email, and then found that the customer's SMTP server didn't conform to any
recognized standards? Would you go to an SMTP mailing list and ask how to
bend the standard products to align them with your customer's buggy
implementation?

Michael Kay
http://www.saxonica.com/