Re: [xsl] Rename Some Node and attribute

Subject: Re: [xsl] Rename Some Node and attribute
From: Abel Braaksma <abel.online@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 16 Oct 2006 18:48:07 +0200
Mukul Gandhi wrote:
On 10/16/06, Abel Braaksma <abel.online@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Just an opinion, but isn't it much easier to use xpath-default-namespace
and friends to make it more readable?

I was targeting perfect serialization! (i.e. having the namespace prefix intact). Can we achieve this with default namespace?

I see. No, I don't think so. But I was under the impression that the serializer might choose differently. If there's a namespace around that has the same prefix (which, in this case happens to be so) it is very likely that in the namespace fixup process, another prefix is chosen. I don't think you have any *real* possibility to control that.

Somewhere in the past I happened to have mixed namespaces with the same prefix (source doc used same prefix as some namespace in xsl:stylesheet). One of them got prefixed in the result tree with 'ns0', the other with its original prefix.

But then again, it shouldn't really matter what the prefix is, right?