Re: [xsl] Adding an element of a specific type

Subject: Re: [xsl] Adding an element of a specific type
From: David Carlisle <davidc@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 18 Oct 2006 15:23:24 +0100
  I tried something like this, but that does not seem to work:

  <xsl:template match="ns1:O">
      <xsl:element name="ns1:Q">
         <xsl:attribute name="xsi:type">ns1:Q_Type</xsl:attribute>
         <xsl:apply-templates select="ns1:C" >
      </xsl:element>
  </xsl:template>

you could do that, or equivalently

<xsl:template match="ns1:O">
    <ns1:Q" xsi:type="ns1:Q_Type">
       <xsl:apply-templates select="ns1:C" >
    </ns1:Q>
</xsl:template>

and you need to make sure that the ns1 and xsl namespace prefixes are
both declared (on your xsl:stylesheet element, usually)

> (sorry, but I am not sure which processor I have, since it is embedded
> in an existing application)

you can ask it.
<xsl:value-of select="system-property('xsl:vendor')"/.
for example

David